What is the press-rebound principle in exercise?

In physics if you press down against a surface there is an equal force that rebounds back in the opposite direction. For example if you throw a rubber ball into the floor the ball will bounce back up with nearly the same amount of force. Another example would be bending down rapidly to perform a squat jump. By squatting down you push force into the ground which is then rebounded back up towards the body which helps a person jump higher.
Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
In class I demonstrate this with our core ball. I drop it on the floor, and it bounces. But if I throw it to the ground with force, if flies high into the air. Similarly, if you apply force downward in your body, there is a direct reaction upward. This is one way we can create length in our body.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.