What is the least amount of exercise that I can do to live longer?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD

Exercise is a must-do for overall health, but how much is enough? In this video, Dr. Robin Miller reveals the minimum amount of exercise you need every day.

Since 1995 the common recommendation has been that adults obtain at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity on 5 or more days a week, for a total of at least 150 minutes a week. This was reiterated in the most recent physical activity guidelines set forth in 2008 by the federal government. Remember that 30 minutes does not have to be consecutive. You can go for a brisk 15 minute walk before breakfast and after dinner.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a stagger stance cable chest press with 2-arms?
Stand with your back to a weight stack, keeping your feet straight and placed in a staggered sta...
How is a standing shoulder flexion with one arm performed?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Draw-in your navel and...
What Triggered the Use of Vigorous Exercise to Treat Parkinson's Disease?