What are active range of motion (ROM) exercises for the wrist?

Perform the following exercises by bending your right elbow and resting your forearm on a flat surface, like a table. Let your wrist hangs loosely over the side of the table.

• Wrist bends. Bend your hand back toward your wrist so that your fingers point toward the ceiling. Next, bend your hand downward so that your fingers point toward the floor.
  • Wrist rotation. Rock your hand back and forth in a sideways motion.

Now repeat these exercises on the other arm.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a turning step-up, balance to overhead press with 2 arms?
Vincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite TrainerVincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite Trainer
Note: Under Professional Supervision, proper progression to reach this level of exercise must be ach...
What is an exercise to strengthen my wrists so that I can turn a door knob?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Here's how to do the palm up, palm down exercise to strengthen wrists: Reps: 10 Sets: 1-3 Intensi...
Why Is Stretching Important?
Why Is Stretching Important?