What types of exercise should I do if I have a sedentary lifestyle?

Meeting the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) guidelines for exercise is an important step in minimizing the effects of a sedentary lifestyle. The basic recommendations are categorized by cardiorespiratory exercise, resistance exercise, flexibility exercise and neuromotor exercise.

When it comes to exercise, the benefits far outweigh the risks. A program of regular exercise is essential for most adults. Though exercise does protect against heart disease, it is still possible for active adults to develop heart problems. Poor behavior choices such as sitting for long periods of time have been shown to be a major health risk in itself.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.