How do I perform a turning lunge, balance to overhead press with 2 arms?

To perform a Turning Lunge, Balance to Overhead Press with 2-Arms, you will want to stand with both feet together facing front with dumbbells by your side.

The key is to rotate about 135 degrees and pivot on one foot while the foot goes in the direction you are pivoting and you go into a lunge position with the dumbbells by your side.  You will lunge down and as you come back up you will rotate back to the starting position and pivoting on the same foot.  As you come back to the starting position you will not place the non-pivot foot on the floor, instead you will balance on your pivot food and then curl the dumbbells to your shoulders and press over head.

Preparation

1. Begin with both feet shoulder-width apart.
  2. Hold two dumbbells in hands at the shoulders.

Movement

1. Turn one way and lunge, landing on the heel of lunge foot.
  2. Then, come to a stabilized position with front foot pointing straight ahead and knee directly over second and third toes.
  3. Both knees should now be bent at a 90-degree angle, front foot should be flat on the ground, and back foot in the air.
  4. From this position press both arms into the air.
  5. Return dumbbells to shoulders.
  6. Turn back and return to starting position.
  7. Repeat this movement for the desired number of repetitions, alternating the lunging leg.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
What is the best time to exercise during the summer?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
When the weather starts to warm up during the day, consider scheduling outdoor exercise activities, ...
How do I perform a single leg cable diagonal lift?
Stand on one leg with your foot pointed straight ahead and your knees slightly bent.  Draw in your n...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?