When sore after a workout, should I rest for a day or push through it?

Rest. Always pay attention to your body. It will tell you when it needs a break and when it is ready to push forward.
It all depends on what you did the day prior, and what you mean by "pushing" through it.

Light aerobic exercise has actually been shown to speed the body's recovery. If you spent the prior day performing intense exercise, it's better to get out and perform some light aerobic exercise instead of doing nothing at all. Keep it light and don't reach the intensities you reached in your prior workout, otherwise, it will take longer to recover.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a ball push-up with 2 feet on a ball?
Begin in a push-up position with feet together on top of a ball and your hands on the floor, placed ...
What is an exercise to strengthen my wrists so that I can turn a door knob?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Here's how to do the palm up, palm down exercise to strengthen wrists: Reps: 10 Sets: 1-3 Intensi...
What Are Simple Balancing Exercises That I Can Practice From Day to Day?