How do I perform a single leg side arm raise with alternating arms?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a single leg, alternating side arm raise you want to first choose a weight. Next, stand on one leg, making sure that your foot is pointed forward, your glutes are squeezed and your abs are drawn-in. Be sure that your other foot that is off the ground remains close - but not touching - the other leg you are standing on. With a dumbbell in each hand, begin with your arms by your sides. Next, raise one arm up away from side of your body to shoulder height with your palms facing down. Be sure not to shrug your shoulders or arch your back. Pause at the top and then repeat on the other arm. Alternate back and forth for the desired number of repetitions.

Stand on one leg with your foot pointed straight ahead.  Draw-in your navel and hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your arms hanging at your sides.  Raise one arm up and away from the side of your body with your palm facing down.  Raise the dumbbell to shoulder level being careful not to shrug your shoulders or arch your back.  Hold the top position and then return your arm to the side of your body.  Repeat with the opposite arm.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
What leg exercises are recommended if I only have one leg?
If you only have one leg, then perform single-leg exercises. Start by practicing balancing on one le...
What are passive range of motion (ROM) exercises for the forearm and wrist?
The following exercises can be performed with your arms on a table. Hold just below your wrist with ...
How Do I Perform a Plyo Push Up?
How Do I Perform a Plyo Push Up?