How do I perform a rotator-cuff rotation?

Either lie on your side or grip a cable with a handle directly in front of you at hip height. Keep your core engage, spine in neutral alignment and your elbow bent at 90 degrees. Start with the dumbbell or cable handle held against the body and while keeping your upper arm held against the body and the elbow bent at 90 degrees.  Rotate the arm away from the body approximately 90 degrees and then return to the starting point. It’s very important to keep the elbow bent and the upper arm close to the body at all times.
Lie on your side on a bench or on the floor with a weight in your top hand. Bend your elbow at a 90-degree angle and hold your upper arm against the side of your body with your forearm down across your body. Lift the weight by rotating the top shoulder outward while keeping your upper arm against the side of your body. Lift until your forearm is almost perpendicular to the floor.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a lunge jump?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed in a staggered stance, arms by your sides...
How do I perform a single leg Romanian dead-lift?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed hip width apart.  Lift your chest, tuck in yo...
How Can I Prevent Spraining My Ankles?
How Can I Prevent Spraining My Ankles?