For healthy individuals whole body vibration (WBV) appears to be very safe. Research is still being conducted on the effects of vibration on certain medical conditions. If you are pregnant or have acute thrombosis, serious cardiovascular disease, a pacemaker, recent wounds, hip/knee implants, an acute hernia, discopathy, spondylolysis, severe diabetes, epilepsy, recent infections, severe migraines, tumors; recently placed IUDs, or metal pins/plates, WBV may not be suitable for you. Consult a qualified physician before beginning a training program that includes WBV.
- Q How do I perform a ball cobra alternate arm?
- Q What is a good exercise to help me get out of a chair?
- Q How do I perform speed ladder: zig-zag?
- Q What is the 60 second exercise?
- Q How do I perform a medicine ball figure 8?
- Q How can I exercise safely in winter?