How do I know if I am ready to begin physical activity?

To know if you’re ready for physical activity fill out a Physical Activity Readiness Quiz and consult your physician. Generally speaking you should be free of signs and symptoms of any serious conditions such as acute heart disease, a recent stroke, cancer, uncontrolled diabetes, current injuries to the joints, ulcers or sores. If you do not currently have any of these conditions and pass a physical provided by your primary medical care provider then you are more than ready to begin physical activity. If you currently have any of the previously listed conditions consult your physician on whether or not starting a physical activity program is right for you at this time.

There is a good chance you are ready for physical activity at any time. A fitness assessment performed by your trainer after you have been cleared for exercise by your doctor is a good place to start.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.