How do I perform a turning lunge to OH press?

Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Hold a pair of dumbbells, one in each hand, at your sides. Turn and lunge by opening up your hips, stepping back at a 45-degree angle and pivoting on your back foot. Stabilize with your front foot straight and flat, bend your knee 90-degrees and keep it directly over your second and third toes. Your opposite leg should be bent 90-degrees, with the heel of your back foot lifted off the ground. Push off the bent leg and return to a standing position. Next, press the dumbbells overhead, fully extending your arms. Return the dumbbells to your chest and repeat the exercise.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How should I do a seated point-and-flex ankle stretch?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Here's how to perform a seated point and flex exercise: Reps: 3-4 Sets: 1 Intensity: Light Hold: ...
How do I perform a horizontal jump with stabilization to the side?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Lift your chest and t...
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?