How do I perform an overhead medicine ball throw with rotation?

Stand with your back to a wall with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Keep your chest up as you hold a medicine ball with both hands at knee level. Lower yourself into a semi-squat position and jump off the ground explosively. Extend your arms overhead, rotating your torso and throwing the medicine ball over one shoulder. Make sure to release the medicine ball before your arms pass your ears and do not arch your back. Land with control and repeat, throwing the ball in the opposite direction.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
What is the ideal exercise plan for peak physical and mental performance?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
The ideal exercise plan for peak physical and mental performance would be a total-body routine that ...
How do I perform a speed seated shoulder press?
Sit on a bench with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed flat on the floor.  Hold a dumbbell ...
What Can I Do At Home to Improve My Balance?