How do I perform a lunge with medicine ball lift and chop?

Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Hold a pair of dumbbells, one in each hand, at your sides.  Lunge forward, landing on the heel of the front foot.  Stabilize with your front foot straight and flat, bend your knee 90-degrees and keep it directly over your second and third toes.  The knee of the back leg should be bent 90-degrees as well with the heel of the back foot lifted off the ground.  Keep your chest up and hold a medicine ball with both hands at the knee level.  Keep your arms fully extended, draw-in your navel, contract your glutes and tuck-in your chin.  With your arms extended, lift the medicine ball diagonally and then lower the medicine ball diagonally towards the front foot.  Return to the starting position and repeat.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Health Experts Urge Americans to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s the clear-cut message from government health officials who updated their long-standing physical activ...
How do I incorporate body weight exercises into power training?
Diane Armstrong, NASM Elite TrainerDiane Armstrong, NASM Elite Trainer
Power training focuses on speed or direction changes in movement throughout a full range of motion. ...
How do I perform a standing soccer throw?
Face a wall and keep your feet pointed straight ahead, shoulder-width apart.  Hold a medicine ball o...
What Is the Integrative Side of Treating Parkinson's Disease?