How do I perform a bent over dumbbell row with two arms?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
The first thing to do when performing a 2-arm, bent-over dumbbell row is to choose a weight that you want to use. Next, stand with your feet pointed straight and be sure to keep your belly in tight. Bend at your waist until your chest is at 45-degree angle to ground and hang both arms in front of body with a dumbbell in each hand. From this position, row the dumbbells back by bringing your thumbs toward your armpits. Squeeze your shoulder blades together and pause, making sure that you are not arching your back. Return the dumbbells to the start position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and draw in your navel.  Bend at your waist until your chest is at a 45 degree angle to the ground.  Extend your arms and let them hang in front of your body with a dumbbell in each hand.  Row the dumbbells, bringing your thumbs up toward your armpits.  Contract your shoulder blades together and be careful not to arch your back.  Return the dumbbells to the starting position and repeat.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How are active range of motion (ROM) exercises done?
Perform active range of motion exercise by activating the muscle opposing the muscle you want to str...
How do I perform a single leg shoulder press with one arm?
Stand on one leg with your foot pointed straight ahead and knee slightly bent.  Hold a dumbbell in y...
Why Should I Consult My Doctor Before Starting an Exercise Program?