What are some tips for exercising outdoors?

Three things to keep in mind while exercising outdoors.

1. Stay creative: the only limit to your exercise variation and selection is creativity. Use trees, benches, jungle jims, and whatever else you can use to create your exercise routine.
  2. Avoid the heat: Choose a time of the day where you don’t get caught in the heat, and be sure to bring plenty of fluid so you stay hydrated.
  3. Work out with a partner: This keeps you both focused and accountable!

A doctor offers these simple tips:
  • Do not run on or near roads where there is heavy truck or bus traffic.
  • Work out in the early morning or later in the evening.
  • Exercise indoors if possible.
  • If you experience any difficulty breathing, stop your exercise immediately and see your doctor.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Health Experts Urge Americans to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s the clear-cut message from government health officials who updated their long-standing physical activ...
How do I perform marching lying on my back?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Toes are pointing straight ahead a...
How do I perform a stagger stance cable row one arm?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
When performing a staggered-stance, one-arm cable row, first select the amount of weight you want to...
Why Should I Consult My Doctor Before Starting an Exercise Program?