What are some short exercises I can do in a minute?

Many people find it hard to exercise during the day. But it's not that hard to program short workouts during your day. Watch this video as Dr. Oz and fitness expert Geralyn Coopersmith demonstrate short workouts that tone your body.

Kettlebell swings incorporates total body movement and is a good exercise when time is limited. To start use a 10 lb kettlebell and start off with do as many swings as you can for 1 minute gradually picking up speed and increasing the amount of swings per minute.

Perform a hybrid exercise that involves multiple movements. All movements should be performed consecutively and without rest in between. An exercise such as squat to a bicep curl, to shoulder press can easily be performed in one minute or less and is a great way to raise your heart rate. 

To perform this exercise, all you need are a set of dumbbells. Start by holding a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Next, squat to the height of a chair as you draw-in your belly button towards your spine and contract your glutes. Hold the squat for two seconds and then come up to starting position. Push off of the heels and contract the glutes as you extend at the hips. Once you are standing straight, immediately perform a bicep curl by bending at the elbows and bringing the dumbbells towards your biceps, while keeping your upper arms close to the body. Finally, perform a shoulder press by pushing the dumbbells up and towards the sky. Lower the dumbbells back to starting position and repeat until the minute is up.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a draw-in lying on my back?
Begin by lying on your back, with your knees bent and keep your feet flat on the floor. Breathe ...
How do I perform Speed Ladder: Single Leg Skier?
Balance on one leg on the side of the speed ladder. Hop diagonally forward into the ladder. Next...
Can Rigorous Exercise Stave Off the Symptoms of Parkinson's?