If my muscles are sore from a workout will cardio help relax my muscles?

Muscle soreness and fatigue from a tough workout are expected, but with proper periodization in your workout programs this should improve over time. Recovery is very important with any workout program. The muscle soreness and fatigue reminds us that low intensity days are needed in our workout progressions.  The level of your fatigue will determine what type of recovery is needed. One rule to use is if you try a recovery workout at a low intensity on a bike and after a few minutes your legs are feeling heavier and you are not flushing out the lactic acid it, is better to take the day off rather than push through it. Recovery days should leave you feeling fresh while regenerating the body.   I would suggest if you cannot continue with the recovery bike ride or walk, that you continue to recover the muscles through foam rolling or a massage. At the least, go for a light walk or just move (do not swim) in a pool. The goal is to just get the body to move. One thing you wouldn’t want to do is sit on the couch all day!

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.