How do I perform a line stop deceleration drill in a linear direction?

Mark out ten yards on a court or field using cones, or perform this drill using the lines on a football field.  Begin at one of the cones or lines with your body facing the exercise path.  Begin in an athletic stance with your feet staggered, pointed straight ahead; knees and hips slightly bent.  Draw in your abdominals and upon a whistle, sprint forward. After the initial five yards, focus on lowering your body, shortening your steps and decelerating your speed to stop quickly as you reach the opposite cone.  Set up the drill at the opposite cone and repeat, moving in the opposite direction.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a side shuffle?
Extend one leg to the side of your body and shuffle the other leg toward it. Keep your chest up an...
How do I perform bounding?
Run forward with long steps as you balance on one leg and bound forward landing on the opposite ...
How Can I Prevent Spraining My Ankles?
How Can I Prevent Spraining My Ankles?