Is it worth it to take a preworkout supplement?

Preworkout supplements are not worth taking. Save your money.

Preworkout supplements are comprised of various ingredients and claim a number of benefits including increased endurance, energy, muscle strength and fat burning. They usually contain a combination of stimulants like caffeine or guarana, creatine, antioxidants, amino acids, and other ingredients to help reduce muscle fatigue and enhance blood circulation.

While these supplements can improve power and muscular endurance, their impact on strength hasn’t been determined. In addition, supplements in the U.S. are poorly regulated. Instead, use food to get some of the same benefits. Drink coffee or tea for a stimulant boost, eat a diet rich in lean meat, poultry and fish to maintain creatine and amino acid stores, and get your antioxidants from fresh fruits and vegetables

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a barbell clean?
Begin with placing your feet shoulder-width apart and keep your feet flat on the ground.  Grasp a ba...
How do I perform explosive push-ups?
Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleMemorial Hospital Jacksonville
To perform explosive push-ups, start on your knees and fall down onto a Bosu ball with a straight ba...
How Can I Get Back Into My Exercise Routine?