Is exercising good for my bones?

Yes. Exercise is a good way to manage and avoid bone diseases like osteoporosis and osteopenia, which are common in post-menopausal women. Exercise, specifically light resistance training, has been shown to increase bone health and strength. The stress of resistance training forces the bones to generate extra material to aid in the strength of the entire bone. Body weight exercises and light resistance training are good enough to stimulate this added bone growth to occur.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a walking lunge with a twist?
Stand with your hands clasped in front of your body.  Lunge forward and twist your upper body to the...
How do I perform a medicine ball rotation chest pass?
Stand with your body turned at a 90-degree angle from a wall. Place your feet shoulder-width apa...
How to Maintain Posture While You Exercise