Is any kind of exercise better than none at all?

ANY kind of exercise?

I would avoid any one-size-fits-all answers to this. There is the boilerplate recommendation that anyone should consult their doctor before starting an exercise program. That is particularly true if you haven't had yourself checked by your doctor in a while.

There are also exercises that will require a certain baseline of fitness before you should try them. Furthermore, exercises must be done with good technique to prevent injury even if you are fit.

But, given the precautions and caveats above, even relatively modest volumes of exercise can confer a variety of health benefits--both physical and mental.

Yes, studies show that people who are active in any form are typically healthier and live longer than people who are completely sedentary. Some forms of exercise are more beneficial than other forms, but simply being active is better for you than being completely sedentary.
Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
That is a tough question to answer. Certainly I think it is great to get up and get moving, but it is difficult to get all the benefits if your exercise is not consistent. It is also easy to injure yourself if you only exercise once in a while. I think body awareness is a constant exploration. We have cycles of physical change throughout the day, week, month, season, and the course of our lives. Many external and internal factors can affect our strengths and weaknesses at any given time. Regular, mindful exercise allows you to connect to your body and know when to back off to prevent injury. My clients often say that our workouts are addictive -- once they get used to it, three or more times a week, they just can’t go without!

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.