In what order should I do my exercise routine?

Grant Cooper, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
One popular sequence of exercise is a warm-up period followed by aerobic exercise, strengthening exercises, and then stretching. An alternative routine is a warm-up followed by stretching, strengthening, and then aerobic exercise.
The Arthritis Handbook: Improve Your Health and Manage the Pain of Osteoarthritis (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

According to conventional wisdom, arthritis pain is an inevitable part of aging. Not so, says Dr. Grant Cooper in this practical, accessible guide. For those who do develop osteoarthritic conditions,...

The order of your routine depends on you. You should always start with some form of a warm-up prior to any exercise. Following, options are endless. You may start with strength training or cardiovascular training. Much will depend on your mood for the day.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How should I do a seated point-and-flex ankle stretch?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Here's how to perform a seated point and flex exercise: Reps: 3-4 Sets: 1 Intensity: Light Hold: ...
How do I perform a horizontal jump with stabilization to the side?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Lift your chest and t...
What Balancing Exercises Can I Do While Seated?