How can I remind myself to do my back exercises daily?

Rick Olderman
Physical Therapy
With the demands of our busy days, it can be difficult to stay focused on our goals to reduce back pain. That is why I recommend you set up a way to remind yourself of your new goals and to check in on your habits. Wear a special bracelet, ring, string, or rubber band around your wrist to remind you of the changes you are evoking in your mind and body. Place stickers on the dashboard of your car, the clock, your watch, your telephone -- anything you use or look at frequently -- to remind yourself that you are getting better every day by correcting those habits that feed your pain.
Fixing You: Back Pain: Self-Treatment for Sciatica, Bulging and Herniated Disks, Stenosis, Degenerative Disks, and other diagnoses.

Back pain is often due to larger problems, such as poor walking habits or pelvic muscle tightness , that create vulnerabilities in the spine. This is why most people have trouble fixing their...

It is important to perform physical activity on a daily basis to keep muscle and joints flexible. Create a schedule and stick to it. Every day you should set aside time for your back exercises. For example perform your back exercises first thing in the morning before hopping in the shower. Put a post-it note on the shower door to remind you. After a few weeks this routine will become habit and you’ll no longer have to think about it.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How are active range of motion (ROM) exercises done?
Perform active range of motion exercise by activating the muscle opposing the muscle you want to str...
What are the advantages of exercising outdoors?
Outdoor, or "green," exercise has appealing advantages: It's often cheaper and easier than a gym or ...
How Do I Perform a Plyo Push Up?
How Do I Perform a Plyo Push Up?