How do I perform a multi-directional hop with stabilization?

Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointed straight ahead.  Lift your chest, lower and contract your shoulder blades, tuck in your chin and place your hands on your hips.  Contract your glutes and balance on one leg as your lift the other leg and place it directly beside the balance leg.  Hop forward landing on the opposite foot and hold the landing position for a few seconds.  Hop backward to the starting position, landing on the opposite foot and hold the landing for a few seconds.  Next, hop to the side, landing on the opposite foot and hold the landing position for a few seconds.  Hop sideways to the starting position, landing on the opposite foot and hold the landing for a few seconds.  Lastly, rotate your body outward and hop to the rear, landing on the opposite foot and hold the landing position for a few seconds.  Rotate and hop back to the starting position, landing on the opposite foot and hold the landing for a few seconds.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
What are the risks associated with whole body vibration (WBV) training?
For healthy individuals whole body vibration (WBV) appears to be very safe. Research is still being ...
How do I perform a dumbbell chest press with alternating-arms?
Lie down on a flat bench with your knees bent. Place your feet flat on the floor, pointed straight...
How Can I Get Back Into My Exercise Routine?