How do I perform a bench incline plank?

Get in a push-up position with your feet together on the floor and hands placed shoulder-width apart on a bench. Draw-in your navel and naturally extend your head into a neutral position. Hold for the desired amount of time.

Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a bench incline plank, begin by placing your toes shoulder-width apart on the ground and your forearms on a bench. Make sure that your elbows are directly under your shoulders and your head is in a neutral position. Next, draw in your abs toward your spine and contract your glutes and quads (making sure that your feet and heels do not touch each other) until you form a straight line from head to toe. Hold this position for a few seconds and repeat. Perform this exercise for the desired number of sets and repetitions.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
Can I exercise in extreme cold weather?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Exercising in extreme cold weather is acceptable given the proper precautions, attire and preparatio...
How do I perform a standing cable row with 2 arms?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
When performing a standing, 2-arm cable row exercise, you want to first select the amount of weight ...
How Can I Exercise Without Going to the Gym?