How long should I foam roll?

The nice thing about using the foam roller is that it can be done on a daily basis, and even more than once per day, and still be beneficial.  How long an athlete or client rolls varies with each individual.  Allowing 5-10 minutes for soft tissue work at the beginning of the session prior to warm-up is usually sufficient.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a kneeling hip flexor stretch?
Kneel on your back leg, bending your front leg 90-degrees.  Contract your glutes and shift your body...
What exercises can be done with a walker?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
If you currently use a walker then it will be best to check with your physician prior to prescribing...
How Can I Prevent Spraining My Ankles?
How Can I Prevent Spraining My Ankles?