How do I perform a hop with stabilization to the side?

Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointed straight ahead. Lift your chest, lower and contract your shoulder blades, tuck in your chin and place your hands on your hips. Contract your glutes and balance on one leg as your lift the other leg and place it directly beside the balance leg. Hop to the side, landing on the opposite foot and hold the landing position for a few seconds. Hop sideways to the starting position, landing on the opposite foot and hold the landing for a few seconds.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a bent knee wall stretch?
Facing a wall, stand with your feet pointed straight ahead, placed in a staggered stance.  Lean agai...
How do I do a front step-up, balance to overhead press with alternate-arms?
Stand in front of a box with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Hold...
How to Maintain Posture While You Exercise