How do I perform a hop with stabilization to the front?

Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointed straight ahead. Lift your chest, lower and contract your shoulder blades, tuck in your chin and place your hands on your hips. Contract your glutes and balance on one leg as your lift the other leg and place it directly beside the balance leg.  Hop forward landing on the opposite foot and hold the landing position for a few seconds. Hop backward to the starting position, landing on the opposite foot and hold the landing for a few seconds. 

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
What are active range of motion (ROM) exercises for the forearm?
Perform the following exercises by bending your elbow and keeping it held close to your side. Rest y...
How do I perform a seated speed cable pulldown?
Sit facing a cable machine.  Grab a cable in each hand with your palms facing in and arms extended o...
How Do I Perform a 1-Hand Medicine Ball Push-Up?