How can I fit exercise in if I have a long commute?

Long commutes negatively impact your health—eating up time you might use for exercise and adding to the total time you spend sitting (and stressing, if you're in traffic). In fact, people who sit 8 to 11 hours a day are twice as likely to die (over any given three-year period of time) than folks who sit for 4 hours a day or less. Now, a Texas study confirms what we've suspected: the longer the commute, the more likely you are to put on pounds and increase your risk for heart disease and diabetes.

To help you stop this unnecessary aging, here are some ideas to fit in exercise around a long commute:
  • Work out for 30 minutes before work.
  • Find a gym near the office.
  • Get in a 30 to 40 minute workout during the day.
  • Stop at the gym on your way home at least three days a week.
  • Make time to get up from your desk at least every 2 hours.
  • Take the stairs or walk around the parking lot for a minimum of 5 minutes.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.