How do I plan for disruption in my exercise routine?

To plan for disruptions to exercise people find it extremely helpful to keep a journal. For a week try and write down disruptions that get in the way of your exercise. Monday-a late meeting got in the way; Tuesday-didn't eat; and Wednesday-no time, etc. If you look at this you'll notice that there are several disruptions getting in the way of exercise. After a few days of disruptions this can actually lead some people to weeks and months of no exercise. In your journal write down how you could have dealt with each of the barriers. Monday-workout first thing in the morning; Tuesday-always have food you can grab quickly; Wednesday-park my car further from my office or use half of my lunch break for exercise, etc. People think they don't have control over disruptions but realize through writing them down and coming up with a plan for dealing with them that they do have control and options. This gives people a sense of control over what happens in their life. Once you become aware of how your disruptions are then you can better manage them. 
To plan for a disruption in exercise you first have to be aware of what those disruptions are. Some disruptions include: work, family obligations, vacation or illness. Once you are aware of what disrupts your exercise you can have a plan for dealing with those items. For example, if you know you are going on vacation and won't have a gym available, you can make sure that there are good, safe places to walk and areas to do some functional strength training like push-ups, crunches, body weight squats and lunges. Remember exercise can happen anywhere!

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.