How do I perform a side plank with straight leg raise?

Lie on your side with your feet and legs placed on top of each other. Place your forearm on the ground with your elbow located directly under your shoulder. Draw-in your navel and contract your glutes. Lift your hips and legs off the ground until your body forms a straight line from head to toe, keeping your weight on your forearm and feet. Without moving your spine, slowly lift the top leg into the air 6 inches. Hold the top position for two to four seconds and then lower the top leg to the starting position.

Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a side plank with a straight leg raise, being by lying on your side with your feet and legs placed directly on top of each other. Place your forearm on the ground, keeping your elbow directly under your shoulder and place the other hand on your hip. Next, draw in your abs and contract your glutes. Lift your hips and legs off the ground until your body forms a straight line from head to toe. Without moving your torso, slowly lift the top leg into the air a few inches (be sure to keep your body in a straight line the entire time). Hold the top position for 3-5 seconds and then lower the top leg to the starting position. Perform this exercise for the desired number of sets and repetitions.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a single leg shoulder press with one arm?
Stand on one leg with your foot pointed straight ahead and knee slightly bent.  Hold a dumbbell in y...
How do I perform tubing triceps extension?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Keeping your knees sli...
What Triggered the Use of Vigorous Exercise to Treat Parkinson's Disease?