How do I perform a standing arm V raise with alternating arms?

Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Draw-in your navel and hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your arms hanging at the side of your body.  Keeping your elbow straight, raise one arm at a 45-degree angle in front of your body until your hand reaches eye level.  Be careful not to shrug your shoulders or arch your back.  Hold the top position and then lower your arm back down to the side of your body.  Repeat with the opposite arm.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a ball push-up with 2 feet on a ball?
Begin in a push-up position with feet together on top of a ball and your hands on the floor, placed ...
What types of exercises can I do if I want to get in shape?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
Exercises to get in shape are generally grouped into three categories depending on the effect they h...
What Is the Integrative Side of Treating Parkinson's Disease?