How do I perform a standing arm side raise two arms?

Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  draw-in your navel and hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your arms hanging at your sides.  Raise both your arms up and away from the sides of your body with your palms facing down.  Raise the dumbbells to shoulder level being careful not to shrug your shoulders or arch your back.  Hold the top position and then return your arms to the sides of your body.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How often should I drink during exercise?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
During exercise, sweat should be replaced by fluid intake of 6 -- 12 ounces every 20 minutes. Begin ...
How do I perform a ball lying external rotation?
Lie on your stomach on top of a stability ball with your legs extended and toes on the ground.  draw...
How to Maintain Posture While You Exercise