How do I perform a standing arm side raise, alternate arms?

Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Draw-in your navel and hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your arms hanging at your sides.  Raise one arm up and away from the side of your body with your palm facing down.  Raise the dumbbell to shoulder level being careful not to shrug your shoulders or arch your back.  Hold the top position and then return your arm to the side of your body.  Repeat with the opposite arm.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I do a front step-up, balance to overhead press with alternate-arms?
Stand in front of a box with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Hold...
How do I perform a side lunge, curl to overhead press with 2 arms?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Hold a pair of dumbbell...
How to Maintain Posture While You Exercise