How do I perform a single leg hammer curl, single arm?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a single leg, single arm hammer curl, you want to first choose a weight. Next, stand on one leg making sure that your foot is pointed forward, your glutes are squeezed and your abs are drawn-in. Be sure that your other foot that is off the ground remains close - but not touching - the other leg you are standing on. With a dumbbell in one hand, begin with your arm extended at the side of your body. Slowly curl the dumbbell up by bending your elbow and keeping your thumb pointed up. Be sure not to shrug your shoulders. Once your thumb reaches chest height, pause and then return back to starting position. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions and then switch legs and arms.
Stand on one leg with your foot pointed straight ahead and knee slightly bent.  Extend one arm down the side of your body holding a dumbbell in your hand. With your arm fully extended down your sides a curl the dumbbell up towards your shoulders, leading with your thumbs which should be pointed up.  Be careful not to shrug your shoulders.  Reverse the movement as you return to the starting position.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a single leg dumbbell row single arm?
Stand on one leg with your foot pointed straight ahead.  Draw-in your navel and bend at your waist u...
How often should I drink during exercise?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
During exercise, sweat should be replaced by fluid intake of 6 -- 12 ounces every 20 minutes. Begin ...
How Do I Perform a Face Down Opposite Arm/Leg Raise?