How do I perform a seated cable pulldown single arm?

Sit facing a cable machine.  Grab a cable in one hand with your palm facing in and arm extended overhead.  Pull the cable down, moving your elbow to your side, contracting your shoulder blades together.  Hold and then extend your arm back to the starting position.  Repeat with the same arm.

Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a seated, one-arm cable pulldown exercise, you want to first choose the weight that you want to use. Next, sit facing the cable machine and hold the cable in one hand with your palm facing the side of your body. Extended your arm overhead and begin pulling the cable down until your elbow reaches your side. Be sure to squeeze your shoulder blades together and make sure that you do not shrug your shoulders or arch your back. Hold this position and then extend your arm back up to the start position. Repeat on the same arm for the desired number of repetitions and then switch sides.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a turning lunge to OH press?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Hold a pair of dumb...
How do I perform a side lunge to balance?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead, placed shoulder-width apart. Lift your chest, tuck-in...
How Do I Perform a Face Down Opposite Arm/Leg Raise?