How do I perform a standing cable diagonal raise?

Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder width apart.  Keep your knees slightly bent  as you draw in your navel.  Hold a cable in one hand and extend your arm across your body with your thumb facing the hip on the opposite side.  Keeping your arm straight, raise your extended arm diagonally across your body as if you are drawing a sword out of its sheath.  Rotate your shoulder out until your hand is at eye level and at a 45-degree angle to your body, your thumb should be pointing up.  Hold the top position and then return your arm across your body returning to the starting position.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a speed incline dumbbell chest press?
Lie on your back on an incline bench with your feet pointed straight ahead and flat on the floor.  H...
How are active range of motion (ROM) exercises done?
Perform active range of motion exercise by activating the muscle opposing the muscle you want to str...
How to Maintain Posture While You Exercise