How do I perform a seated cable row, two arms?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a seat cable row, start by selecting a weight that you can perform without compensation and handles that you prefer to use.  I suggest using a straight bar so that you can maintain proper alignment and reduce the chances of rounding your shoulders forward while performing the exercise. Be sure to engage your stomach, sit up nice and tall and tuck chin. Next, begin the row by bringing thumbs toward your armpits, squeezing your shoulder blades together.  Be sure not to shrug shoulders or jut head forward. Hold for 2 seconds and then return to the starting position.

Sit facing a cable machine.  Hold a cable in each hand with your arms extended at chest level.  Row by bringing your thumbs toward your armpits, contracting your shoulder blades together.  Be careful not to shrug your shoulders or jut your head forward.  Hold the contracted position and then return to the start position.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.