How do I perform a prisoner squat?

Begin in push-up position with your feet together and toes on the floor and your hands placed slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.  draw-in your navel and contract your glutes.  With your back flat, slowly lower your body toward the floor, lowering and contracting your shoulder blades.  Push back up to starting position and rotate your body 90-degrees from the floor, fully extending both arms, one in the air and one on the floor.  Reverse the movement of rotation to return to the starting position and repeat, alternating the direction of rotation.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a single leg cable row with 2 arms?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
When performing a single-leg, two-arm cable row exercise, first select the amount of weight you want...
How do I perform a single leg triceps pushdown alternate arm?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead, placed shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly ben...
What Balancing Exercises Can I Do While Seated?