How do I perform a medicine ball lift and chop?

Sit on a stability ball with your feet pointed straight ahead and wider than shoulder-width apart.  Keep your chest up and hold a medicine ball with both hands at the level of one knee.  Extend your arms and assume a side lunge position with the medicine ball placed at the bent knee.  Draw-in your navel, contract your glutes and tuck-in your chin.  With your arms extended, lift the medicine ball diagonally and rotate your body while shifting your weight into a lunge position on the opposite side.  Lift the medicine ball until it reaches eye level then return to the starting position.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Health Experts Urge Americans to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s the clear-cut message from government health officials who updated their long-standing physical activ...
How do I perform speed ladder: side skier?
Stand with your body turned 90-degrees to the ladder. Jump forward with both feet into the ladder...
How do I perform a lunge with medicine ball lift and chop?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Hold a pair of dumbbel...
What Balancing Exercises Can I Do While Seated?