How do I foam roll my outer calf?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
Begin by sitting up tall and placing the foam roll under your outer calf.  Next, slowly roll (about an inch per second) your outer calf from your ankle to your knee. Hold on tender areas for 30 seconds each or until the pain is reduced. As a progression, you can cross your opposite leg onto the leg you are rolling to increase the pressure.

Place a foam roll under one leg, positioned under the middle of your calf.  Take the opposite leg and lay it beside the leg on the foam roll, or to increase pressure, cross the opposite leg over the top of the leg on the foam roll.  Slowly roll up and down the outside of the calf muscle, applying prolonged pressure on tender spots for roughly 30 seconds.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.