How do I foam roll my outer calf?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
Begin by sitting up tall and placing the foam roll under your outer calf.  Next, slowly roll (about an inch per second) your outer calf from your ankle to your knee. Hold on tender areas for 30 seconds each or until the pain is reduced. As a progression, you can cross your opposite leg onto the leg you are rolling to increase the pressure.

Place a foam roll under one leg, positioned under the middle of your calf.  Take the opposite leg and lay it beside the leg on the foam roll, or to increase pressure, cross the opposite leg over the top of the leg on the foam roll.  Slowly roll up and down the outside of the calf muscle, applying prolonged pressure on tender spots for roughly 30 seconds.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a ball lying shoulder press with 1 arm?
Lie on your stomach on a stability ball with your legs extended and toes on the ground.  draw-in you...
What is the right way to exercise?
Before starting an exercise program it is important to talk to your doctor to get an idea which form...
Why Should I Consult My Doctor Before Starting an Exercise Program?