How do I foam roll my mid back?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
Begin by lying on the floor in a sit up position. Place the foam roller behind your upper back, perpendicular to your spine. Lock hands behind your head for support and raise your hips off the floor. Slowly roll (about an inch per second) your shoulder blade area and hold on tender spots for 30 seconds or until the pain is reduced. Be sure to only roll the area where your shoulder blades are located and not your lumbar or cervical spine. After a few passes, you can remain in that position and then bring your elbows up toward the ceiling.

Lie on the floor with the foam roll placed behind your upper back.  Place your arms across your chest.  Raise your hips off the floor and slowly roll back and forth , applying prolonged pressure on tender spots for roughly 30 seconds.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.