How do I foam roll my lats?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
Begin by lying on your side with your arm on the floor, extended overhead, with your thumb pointing up. Place the foam roller under your armpit and slowly move back and forth from the starting position to the bottom of where your shoulder blade ends. Be careful not to go too low on your ribcage. Hold on tender spots for 30 seconds each or until the pain is reduced. To avoid neck stress, you can make a fist with your other hand and place it under your ear on the side you are rolling.
Lie on one side with your arm extended overhead, thumb pointing up toward the ceiling.  Place a foam roll under your armpit.  Slowly move back and forth, and rotate slightly forward and backward, applying prolonged pressure on tender spots for roughly 30 seconds.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Health Experts Urge Americans to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s the clear-cut message from government health officials who updated their long-standing physical activ...
How do I perform a side step-up to shoulder press?
Stand on one side of a box with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Ho...
How do I perform box run steps to the front?
Begin by facing a 6-inch box with feet positioned in a staggered stance, one foot on top of the box....
What Balancing Exercises Can I Do While Seated?