How do I foam roll my lats?

Lie on one side with your arm extended overhead, thumb pointing up toward the ceiling.  Place a foam roll under your armpit.  Slowly move back and forth, and rotate slightly forward and backward, applying prolonged pressure on tender spots for roughly 30 seconds.

Wendy Batts
Fitness
Begin by lying on your side with your arm on the floor, extended overhead, with your thumb pointing up. Place the foam roller under your armpit and slowly move back and forth from the starting position to the bottom of where your shoulder blade ends. Be careful not to go too low on your ribcage. Hold on tender spots for 30 seconds each or until the pain is reduced. To avoid neck stress, you can make a fist with your other hand and place it under your ear on the side you are rolling.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a ball chest press with alternate arms?
Lie on top of a stability ball, with the ball positioned between your shoulder blades.  Maintain a b...
How do I do a front step-up, balance to overhead press with alternate-arms?
Stand in front of a box with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Hold...
What Are Simple Balancing Exercises That I Can Practice From Day to Day?