How do I foam roll my lats?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
Begin by lying on your side with your arm on the floor, extended overhead, with your thumb pointing up. Place the foam roller under your armpit and slowly move back and forth from the starting position to the bottom of where your shoulder blade ends. Be careful not to go too low on your ribcage. Hold on tender spots for 30 seconds each or until the pain is reduced. To avoid neck stress, you can make a fist with your other hand and place it under your ear on the side you are rolling.
Lie on one side with your arm extended overhead, thumb pointing up toward the ceiling.  Place a foam roll under your armpit.  Slowly move back and forth, and rotate slightly forward and backward, applying prolonged pressure on tender spots for roughly 30 seconds.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a single leg dumbbell cobra one arm?
Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and toes facing straight ahead. Bend slightly from the wai...
How do I perform an incline dumbbell chest press?
Lie on your back on an incline bench with your feet pointed straight ahead and flat on the floor...
What Is the Integrative Side of Treating Parkinson's Disease?