How can I tone my inner pecs?

There are no such thing as inner pecs. We have one pectoralis major muscle that runs from the middle of the chest to the upper arm, by the shoulder. This muscle has different muscle fibers that can be emphasized (e.g., you can emphasize the top muscle fibers by doing incline chest presses). However, when a muscle fiber is contracted, the whole fiber contracts. You can't fire half a fiber, thanks to something called the All or Nothing Principle. Therefore, we can't train the inner pecs by doing flyes. However, if you have been consistently doing bench presses or dumbbell presses and decided to change things by doing some flyes, the change may stimulate the muscle, potentially helping develop it more. It's not the exercise itself that will make the difference, it's the deviation from your normal routine.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.