How can I exercise effectively?

There has been a lot of research into exercise, as obesity has become such an epidemic in the US. What we know is that any physical activity you do on a regular basis is better than sitting on the couch and eating a bag of potato chips. The current recommendations are 150 minutes of moderate physical activity a week, with the best results if you keep your heart rate between 60-80% of your maximal heart rate, calculated by subtracting your age from 220.

To exercise effectively, be prepared for each training session. Minimize chatting to others, and complete what needs to be done. Time your rest periods properly, and complete your repetitions with intent; don’t just go through the motions.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

What Is the "Sword Workout"?
What Is the "Sword Workout"?
What Is the Integrative Side of Treating Parkinson's Disease?
What Are Simple Balancing Exercises That I Can Practice From Day to Day?
How Can I Exercise If I Don’t Like the Gym?