Can I still workout if I am sore?

Yes, you can still workout if you are sore as long as it does not prevent you from completing the exercise you are trying to perform or as long as you do not compensate which hinders your ability to move correctly. If you feel that you are too sore to continue your workout, you should either focus on different muscles of the body or consider foam rolling ( a form of self-massage that helps to alleviate knots in muscle) and static stretching the sore areas. Foam rolling will help decrease the tension that may be present in the muscles after a workout and reduce scar tissue that results from the muscle trauma caused from the workout. Static stretching can also help decrease muscle soreness by restoring proper length back to the muscle that is being stretched. For instance, if your calves are sore then you should foam roll this specific area, searching for painful (tender) spots. Once you find a spot, hold that area until the pain is reduced. On average, you should stay on the tender spot for 30 seconds and then move on to the next tender spot. Once you have completed foam rolling the calve complex, you should static stretch your calves by holding the standing calve stretch for approximately 30 seconds.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Types Of Exercise

Exercise provides many health benefits - from fitness to increased physical and mental energy. In order to prepare yourself for a exercise routine, you need to research which exercise is right for you and how to fit a new exercise ...

e program into your daily schedule.