Can exercise affect eyesight?

An active lifestyle can dramatically cut the risk of age-related macular degeneration, a degenerative disease that is the leading cause of blindness in the elderly. Researchers followed nearly 4,000 men and women, ages 43 to 86, for 15 years and discovered that those who exercised were 70% less likely to develop age-related macular degeneration (AMD) than their sedentary peers.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
What are passive range of motion (ROM) exercises for the ankles and feet?
Perform a heel-cord stretching exercise by cupping or cradling the heel of the person you are stretc...
How often should I drink during exercise?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
During exercise, sweat should be replaced by fluid intake of 6 -- 12 ounces every 20 minutes. Begin ...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?