How do I incorporate body weight exercises into power training?

Power training focuses on speed or direction changes in movement throughout a full range of motion. It is explosive, maximal acceleration from start to finish. You can easily incorporate body weight exercises into your workout. In this stage of training you are using a weight 30-45% of your one rep max for each muscle group or 10% of you body weight. So plyometric pushups, pull-ups, jump squats, lunges, ice skater, etc are great power exercises or super setting between a strength and body weight exercises as long as your tempo is x-x-x (just as fast as you can do your reps).

Body weight exercises, particularly power exercises for the lower extremity, are very easy to add into your power workouts. Example bodyweight exercises that can be used include squat jumps, butt kicks, power step ups, and box jumps. These exercises are easy to perform in any environment, but it is important that one develops ample amounts of stability and strength before incorporating these exercises into your program.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Health Experts Urge Americans to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s the clear-cut message from government health officials who updated their long-standing physical activ...
How many calories do I burn dancing?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The number of calories you burn dancing depends on how much you weigh and how much you exert yoursel...
How do I do lateral deltoid lifts to strengthen my shoulders and back?
Stand or sit up right with your head straight forward, spine in neutral alignment, with a dumbbell i...
What Triggered the Use of Vigorous Exercise to Treat Parkinson's Disease?