How do I do a bench dumbbell triceps extension with alternating arms?

Lie on your back on a bench, with your legs bent and feet placed shoulder width apart.  Hold a dumbbell in each hand and point your elbows toward the ceiling with your hands by your ears.  Extend one elbow until your arm is straight in the air.  Reverse the movement as you return to the starting position.  Repeat the exercise with the opposite arm.

Wendy Batts
Fitness
Begin by lying with your head and shoulders on a bench. Make sure that your feet are pointed straight and are shoulder-width apart. Next, hold a dumbbell in each hand and begin by bending your elbows until they are pointed up toward the ceiling and your weights are by your ears. Extend one elbow up until your arm is straight in the air and squeeze the back of your arm (triceps). Hold, and then lower the weight by reversing the movement to the start position. Repeat on the other arm and continue for the desired number of repetitions.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a front step-up to balance?
Stand in front of a box with your feet straight, placed hip-width apart. Contract your glutes and st...
How do I perform speed ladders: ali cross?
Stand with your body turned 90-degrees to a speed ladder. Stand with your feet staggered, one fo...
What Balancing Exercises Can I Do While Seated?