The risk for certain types of diabetes, such as type 2 and pre-diabetes, can be reduced with lifestyle changes such as proper diet and regular exercise. However, there is no known cure for type 1 diabetes, sometimes referred to as juvenile diabetes. Research studies and clinical trials are underway to help determine the causes of type 1 diabetes and how this condition can be prevented.
- Q How will type 1 diabetes affect my lifestyle?
- Q Does type 1 diabetes affect children differently than adults?
- Q How will I know if my type 1 diabetes treatment is working?
- Q How common is type 1 diabetes?
- Q How is high blood sugar related to type 1 diabetes?
- Q What is autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes?