The risk for certain types of diabetes, such as type 2 and pre-diabetes, can be reduced with lifestyle changes such as proper diet and regular exercise. However, there is no known cure for type 1 diabetes, sometimes referred to as juvenile diabetes. Research studies and clinical trials are underway to help determine the causes of type 1 diabetes and how this condition can be prevented.
- Q How does blood glucose feed cells?
- Q What are the different types of diabetes?
- Q Why is diabetes so prevalent today?
- Q What drugs can help people with type 2 diabetes produce more insulin?
- Q How will I know if my type 1 diabetes treatment is working?
- Q Where can I find diabetes care tools?