The risk for certain types of diabetes, such as type 2 and pre-diabetes, can be reduced with lifestyle changes such as proper diet and regular exercise. However, there is no known cure for type 1 diabetes, sometimes referred to as juvenile diabetes. Research studies and clinical trials are underway to help determine the causes of type 1 diabetes and how this condition can be prevented.
- Q What is autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes?
- Q How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose type 1 diabetes?
- Q Does psychotherapy help treat type 1 diabetes?
- Q How does type 1 diabetes affect other illnesses?
- Q What is insulin-dependent diabetes?
- Q How common is type 1 diabetes?